So Jen & I were eating dinner last Thursday night and she asked me if I'd seen a friend Cindy's photos of her OES Teddy at the State Park near their home. I said I did and fell in love with the Park. She said that we should take our two Sheepies to one of our local parks. I agreed.
Now, we do have some state parks relatively close, but we have nearly a dozen county parks even closer. The one closest to us is actually a reserve and dam, called Huffman Dam. It's named after Huffman Prairie, where the Wright brothers started working on that crazy flying machine thing. It's a pretty historical place.
This is actually the first time I'd been to this park in about a dozen years. They've closed off the road that leads down into the area right next to the water's edge. The upside is that we were able to walk down to that area on the blacktop that used to be used by cars, without sweating the traffic. Also along the way we found that they've created several miles of grass foot paths. These are about eight to ten feet wide and kept cut down well enough to walk very easily.
Here are a handful of photos from Sunday afternoon.
Scenic view of the reservoir.
Jen and Caitlyn. We found this huge triangle stone and Caitlyn was pretty willing to jump on it for a photo op.
Jen and Zoey ahead of Caitlyn and I on one of the many grass paths.
Me, Zoey and Caitlyn at one of the scenic overlooks.
Jen, Zoey and Caitlyn at the same overlook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment