Monday, February 27, 2012

Another GREAT Grooming Day!

Caitlyn and I made a trek up to Marilyn’s yesterday for another day of grooming lessons. We spent the better part of 6 hours there and Caitlyn was a GREAT little subject for us. We did a full brush out, trimmed her pad hair, toe nails, found an embarrassingly huge mess in one ear. We cleaned that out and then moved on. We then did a ‘whites only’ wash, blow dry and another full brush out. While there, Caitlyn got to play with Jose and Mariah for a bit too. She REALLY likes the ‘older’ kids!

I was smart and brought my own tack box and this was very smart. This way, Marilyn and I could do a full-on tag-team routine on Caity. We were both brushing away and having fun all the while. I also learned that I do have most of the right tools and what I still need to get. I have all the basics and need to pick up some little items yet.

We also got to play with Marilyn’s shiny new electric table. I only have one word for that table – JEALOUS!!! That table is AWESOME. Caitlyn like being able to jump on and off when it was lowered and it was a breeze to simply step off into the elevated tub when it was raised up. Marilyn’s very lucky to have this new tool.

Here are the few photos I took.
This is Marilyn just starting to dry Caitlyn, straight out of the tub.

Here is Caitlyn on the new table.

Daddy, get me out of here!

Almost done drying…

Done drying and outside in the dog run.

In the end, I learned a lot more and Caitlyn was show ready. And she wasn’t mad at me for putting here through all this. Having a mentor like Marilyn is truly priceless. She’s a huge wealth of experience and wisdom. Thanks for sharing with us Marilyn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment